The DLM Archival Standards Board
The DLM Archival Standards Board (DAS Board) is an international group of experts committed to maintain and sustain maintain a set of interoperability specifications which allow for the transfer, long-term preservation, and reuse of digital information regardless of the origin or type of the information.
More specifically, the DAS Board maintains specifications initially developed within the E-ARK Project (02.2014 - 01.2017):
- Common Specification for Information Packages
- E-ARK Submission Information Package (SIP)
- E-ARK Archival Information Package (AIP)
- E-ARK Dissemination Information Package (DIP)
- SMURF Specification (Semantically Marked-Up Record Format)
Further, the DAS Board collaborates closely with the Swiss Federal Archives in regard to the maintenance of the SIARD (Software Independent Archiving of Relational Databases) specification.
The DAS Board consists of up to ten international experts who act on a voluntary basis. You can read more about the setup, tasks and responsibilities of the Board here.
The DAS Board is supported and supervised by the DLM Forum.